Did you know Kale is a super food? Seriously, this leafy green has some crazy super powers.
Kale is loaded with antioxidants, high in Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, Vitamin K, and Calcium. It even has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
But if you are like me – you probably didn’t know how to eat Kale. Don’t worry – there is a Blog for that!
Check out 365 Days of Kale for some interesting tips!
I first tried Kale because it came in my Bountiful Basket. I steamed it, and fell in love. I was hooked. Here are my top 3 ways to enjoy Kale, and a few recipes I like to use.
- Baked into Chips (See below for recipe)
- In Soup – My current favorite recipe for this (I leave out the sausage, it still tastes great!)
- Sauteed. (Bobby Flay was the first recipe I tried for this and adore it!!)
- Raw – I like to mix Kale with lemon and garlic, then add tomatoes, chickpeas, and avocado. Top with a little olive oil and Balsamic. YUMMO! (If you eat it raw – make sure to do so soon after buying so it is less bitter. (1-2 days))
These days Kale is a staple on my grocery runs. I just really love it.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Kale?
Baked Kale Chips (my favorite!) – Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt. (I also add garlic.)
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016