Having a home gym is really essential for anyone who finds themselves so completely busy they just can’t make it to the gym.
There are so many times when I find myself unable to get a workout in outside of my home.
- The kid is sick
- I missed daycare hours
- It’s too hot to workout outside
- The hubs is deployed
- Potty Training
There are many more, but you get the point.
Sometimes working out at home is really my only option. Without the tools to get a good workout in at home, I would be in big trouble. (And even bigger pants!)
I though I would share 10 fitness tools to ensure a good workout even when you can’t leave your home!
- Computer – There are so MANY workouts you can find on the internet. YouTube.com, FitStudio, ExerciseTv.tv, and of course FitFluential! These are all great places to find workouts, get tips, and follow fitness bloggers who are there for people like you! Plus you can join a fitness community for moral support and encouragement.
- Resistance Bands – These are an excellent tool to have at home. You really should check out this site on why and how to use them.
- Jump Rope – Okay, I loathe the jump rope. But it does exactly what it needs to do. Jumping rope can burn up to 1000 calories in 1 hour! You use all your major muscles groups in your entire body by jumping rope. This equals major fat burn in a short period of time. Check out RopeSport for more on this.
- Foam Roller – Do you know the expression, hurts so bad it is good? Well, this is just that. The foam roller is pretty cheap, I got mine at $16 (the exact one in the link), and it was worth every penny. The foam roller has helped to tame my sciatica, which allows me to work out longer. It has also loosened muscles I didn’t know were tight. My hubs has said this one thing has been a godsend for his back.
- Exercise/Stability Ball – There are so many uses for this one piece of equipment. You can train and stretch your whole body using this. And it makes a crazy good baby soother as well! Plus when your children are older they will want to play with it. I am a huge advocate of them playing with and seeing
- Kettle Bells – I think this site said it best. “A kettlebell is the right weight for “strength/endurance” training which will shape up every aspect of your physique, including your cardiovascular system.” I love them because I can get a full stregth training and cardio workout all in one!
- Hand Weights – This is pretty much a standard that anyone working out at home should have. Many video and magazine workouts will ask you to have this equipment on hand. Check your local goodwill for a cheap set. Craigslist always has them too!
- Yoga Mat – For yoga, stretching, meditation, or tumbling with your toddler. there is a plethora of uses for this.
- Fitness Dvds – I like renting from the library or checking out the videos on something like ExerciseTV before I buy. But here are some of my favorites.
RKS Kettlebell System
Bob Harpers Dvds – I pretty much love them all, but then you know I LOVE Bob Harper!
Personal Training with Jackie – Extreme Timesaver
Holly Perkins Fitness 360
Yoga Works for Every Body
- Heart Rate Monitor – I LOVE my Polar. LOVE!
If I were to add 1 more I would add a Treadmill or Elliptical. I wish I had one of those! It would make working out at home so much easier!
Also don’t forget to drink water during your workouts. With it so easily available, you should have no problem meeting your Brita Challenge goal.
Still struggling to get your daily water in? Try signing up for the challenge!
What would you add to my list?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016