I can not believe in a less than two months from today my family and I will be taking our first real vacation! At the end of October we will be spending 1 full week in Anaheim, and 4 days at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure! We will be there just in time for the Halloween season!
The Happiest Place on Earth gets a bit spookier as Halloween Time returns to Disneyland Resort this fall. The season runs from Friday, September 14th through Halloween, Monday October 31st! During this time Disneyland will be filled with Halloween fun including Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes and Mickey’s Halloween Party. There will also be special exhibits during this season!
My husband and I traveled to Disneyland before we were married and happened to be during this spooky season so we know we are in for a very special treat. I loved the Haunted Holiday Mansion the last time we were there!
Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back Haunted Mansion Holiday to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the Tim Burton film “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Jack’s return to the Haunted Mansion includes the traditional Halloween/Christmas gingerbread house in the Mansion Ballroom, with some special spooky surprises in this year’s design.
I imagine this is the time of year all the Disney villains count down to as well! Halloween season is a time to celebrate the villain! Villains will be gathered and plotting Halloween mischief at “it’s a small world” Mall in Disneyland. But be on the lookout for other characters in spooky attire greet guests in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.
My son is going to be floored when we take him to a very special event! At Mickey’s Halloween Party my family and I will get to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at Disneyland. What’s really exciting is while we can arrive three hours prior to the start of Mickey’s bash and hang out with the rest of the Disneyland guests, but then Mickey’s party goes private! They will actually close the park down to only ticket holders for this special event!
Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party include:
- The special opportunity to play in Disneyland for up to three hours before the party starts; check www.Disneyland.com/Halloween for party hours.
- Fun treat stations offering both candy and healthy treats
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
- ”Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade, performed twice nightly
- Dance parties, where guests will “boo-gie” to lively music
- An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
- Photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
- Favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Halloween-themed attractions Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
- Parking for one standard-size vehicle
Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party are $54* for select nights when purchased in advance, while tickets purchased on the event days and selected nights are $64. All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Monday, Oct. 29, and Halloween Night, Wednesday, Oct. 31, are $69.
There are so many other fun activities for families during this event including an open exhibit to see Disney California Adventure Park The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition. This exhibit will feature sketches, props, sets and puppets from Tim Burton’s new animated film, “Frankenweenie” from Sept. 14 through Nov. 5, and it includes a sneak peek of the movie.
I am certain my husband will take advantage of our son’s naps to head over to the The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror where a “supernatural” event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.
Additional events that my son is sure to attend include:
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland is transformed for the Main Street Pumpkin Festival. Guests will see more than 300 pumpkins - none of them the same.
- Visitors to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Round in Frontierland will find ranch animals, pumpkin carvers, Halloween décor and activities for youngsters.
- Meeting Disney characters will be lots of fun as Disney villains gather to plot Halloween mischief at “it’s a small world” Mall in Disneyland, while other characters in spooky attire greet guests in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.
Don’t forget to check out the amazing fall offers for Disneyland Resorts! This is the great way to get a deal for your family trip this Halloween Season!
Please note: The after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* which has become an annual highlight of Halloween for trick-or-treating families, will take place in Disneyland Park on 11 special Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights: Sept. 28 and Oct. 2, 5, 9, 12, 15, 19, 23, 26, 29 and 31. Tickets are on sale now for the general public, with information at www.Disneyland.com/Halloween.
Sources: All media and information provided by Disneyland News.
Disclosure: I did receive family passes for Disneyland for my upcoming trip in October. However, I was not asked or required to post this information. I love Disneyland and all they have to offer!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Personalized Family Wall Calendar from Shutterfly - January 27, 2015
- 30+ Ways to Complete Home Organization - January 25, 2015
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Run The 2015 Color Run! #WeShine - January 21, 2015
- 5 Minute Strength Training For Runners - January 8, 2015