You may remember a while ago I participated in a blog fundraiser selling ad space to benefit Joplin MO families who had lost everything in the tornadoes. Well, I feel like I have been called to do it again, this time for the families hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy!
How it will work:
I will be selling two levels of sponsorship on my blog.
1. $50 will get you:
- 1 month ad space (200×200) on my sidebar
- a spot in the Sandy Sponsor Spotlight post sharing 2 links!
This is a great way to not only give back to those who need it most, but also get your business or blog seen by thousands.
2. $25 will get YOUR CHOICE of
- a mention in the Sandy Sponsor Spotlight post with 1 link to your business or blog.
- a smaller ad space (200×125)on my sidebar for one month.
This is also a great way to get your name out there, and allows more people to be involved.
Please email me at familyandlifeinlv(at)gmail(dot)com if you would like to get involved. I will be accepting sponsors through November. Because I am accepting donations for the whole month, I will be donating 100% of the donations to the red cross. This will help Sandy families in the long term.
Get Involved On Your Own:
If you are looking for a more immediate way to get involved, as the families are really in need of non-perishable food, toiletries, baby items (formula, diapers, blankets), you can send items directly to these addresses. I have heard that they are no longer accepting clothing. I have also heard people are buying diapers and wipes directly on Amazon.com and shipping it to these addresses.
Thank you to @TheBabyGuyNYC for sharing these addresses on his Facebook page this morning.
The Salvation Army
Victims of Hurricane Sandy
536 W 46th St
NY, NY 10036
4916 Arthur Kill Road
Staten Island, NY 10309
(this is a local cafe that is taking donations for the area to distribute)
Hurricane Sandy Donations
219 Beach 129th St
Belle Harbor, NY 11694
Island Park Fire Department
440 Long Beach Road
Island Park, NY 11558
PS If you aren’t a fan of Jamie’s blog – I suggest you check it out. (I’m only sharing because I enjoy reading his blog, product reviews, and cantor. The Baby Guy NYC)
I hope you will consider getting involved either on your own, or through adspace on my blog.
I love my blog/readers, and have been blessed to grow a community that I know will help give back to those who really need it right now.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016