Today I started the Whole30.
What is the Whole30?
Basically it’s a 30 day program aimed at resetting my body. During this program I can’t eat:
- NO Grains
- NO Beans
- NO Dairy
- NO Sugar
- NO Alcohol
So what can I eat?
Why would I do this?
Cut out all the psychologically unhealthy, hormone-unbalancing, gut-disrupting, inflammatory food groups for a full 30 days. Let your body heal and recover from whatever effects those foods may be causing. Push the “reset” button with your metabolism, systemic inflammation, and the downstream effects of the food choices you’ve been making. Learn once and for all how the foods you’ve been eating are actually affecting your day to day life, and your long term health.
In addition to desiring a reset button on my lifelong struggle with late night sugar and snack cravings, and emotional eating, I have been experiencing some random swelling in my lips and hands since about 6 weeks postpartum.
2 separate swelling incidents.
If that wasn’t enough of a reason, my baby recently had a nice eczema rash show up on this body. I think this was a reaction to me adding Whey Protein into my diet. While I have cut that out, I began to wonder if he was reacting to all dairy I am eating. He is SUCH a happy baby, but he is also an extremely gassy baby. It will be interesting to see if this program has a positive impact on him.
Dr. confirmed this in NOT ringworm – it’s eczema.
Because I am breastfeeding I plan on paying really close attention to my supply. I will make sure I have some starchy veggies in my diet, making sure I get lots of water, and good fats into my diet. If I notice a drop in my supply, I will re-evaluate my eating plans.
While I don’t plan on going full Paleo after this whole30, I am open to it. I am tired of dieting, and would love to stop using food for emotional responses. Plus if I happen to lose some of this baby weight in the long run, I’m pretty happy with that!
This weeks Meal Plan
- Eggs, Veggie Omelets, Egg and Ham Cups, Chicken Sausages, Mixed Berries, Citrus Fruit
- Shredded Chicken, Tuna, and Hardboiled Eggs served over spinach and romaine and mounds of delicious veggies.
- Shredded Pork, Grilled Chicken, Roasted Veggies, Turkey Crumbles, Lettuce Chicken Wraps.
- Avocados, Almonds, Cashews, Green Tea, Berries, Sweet Potatoes, Smoothies, Fresh Green Juice, Hard Boiled Eggs, carrots, nut butters.
Wish Me Luck!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Toy State Toys | Hot Wheels Hyper Racer Review - March 23, 2015
- Day 10 #miniSPbdaybash Super Awesome #Giveaway - March 19, 2015
- Move It Monday (Weekly Meal Planning + Workouts) - March 9, 2015
- InStyler Max 2-Way Rotating Iron Review! #RSVPInStyler - February 15, 2015