I have made no secret of my love and possible addiction to babywearing. Having somewhat stumbled into it with my first son, babywearing for me set the tone on how I decided to parent our children and lead me to learn more about attachment parenting. There are so many reasons why I love babywearing, but the main reason is it allows me to be close to my baby while having my hands free to deal with whatever life throws our way.
I love all my baby carriers, but I have a special place in my heart for Beco Baby Carriers.
However, if it wasn’t for MommyCon Las Vegas, I would have never tried on a Beco carrier and fallen in love. You see, I won a Beco Gemini at the very first MommyCon parenting convention. You could say it was love at first wear. I was super excited when I not only got to meet Gabby Caperon (THE designer and mom behind BecoBaby Carriers), but she actually helped me adjust my carrier to try the cross straps carry and made it even more confortable then before! Babywearing is so much a part of my life, that I actually got to wear my baby while speaking on a panel at the Spring ABC Expo. My husband also loves the Beco because it is the first structured carrier that actually fits him! I can’t wait to see him wearing our Baby D when he comes home from deployment! With the purchase of my son’s mini Beco you can officially call us a babywearing family!
That is why I am so excited to announce the latest endeavor from MommyCon and Beco!
MOMMYCON AND BECO BABYWEARING WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT!
The MommyCon and Beco Babywearing World Record in partnership with Clek and Sloomb will take place on October 6, 2013 in downtown Los Angeles, California at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The record setting portion of the event is free for anyone to attend, and will take place just outside the Los Angeles Convention Center, rain or shine! Following the record setting, general admission attendees can join us inside the Los Angeles Convention Center for a spectacular event featuring guest speakers; Dr. Bob Sears, Jessica Martin-Weber of The Leaky Boob presented by Moby, Abby Theuring of The Badass Breastfeeder presented by Milkin’ Cookies, and January Harshe of Birth Without Fear.
The Baby Guy NYC, Jamie Grayson, will be our host for the day conducting a Stroller Folding Challenge, Car Seat Trivia with Clek, and the Beco Baby Carrier Pursuit!
Event elements include The Beco and Ergobaby Babywearing Lounge with over three dozen different carriers for attendees to try on from mei tai’s to wraps to soft structured carriers and more. The Stroller Test Track will give attendees the chance to test out strollers from all our stroller sponsors on a variety of surfaces. Clek’s Car Seat Connection will have over a dozen of the best car seats on the market available for live installs. The Baby Food Court will have yummy sampling from our favorite organic baby food company. The Nuna LEAF Lounge where babies can sway and relax in Nuna’s signature LEAF. Attendees get to experience all of this on top of amazing shopping and so much more!
Event Elements Include:
- The Beco and Ergobaby Babywearing Lounge that features over three dozen different types of carriers from woven wraps to soft structured carriers and everything in between.
- Clek Car Seat Connection with over a dozen world class seats for you to touch, feel and install.
- The Sloomb Cloth Diaper Resource Area that showcases cloth diapering from prefold to AI2.
- Episencial and Dr.Berlin Wellness Suite with complimentary massages and beverages.
- The Pump Station Nursing Nook offers families a serene quiet zone for little nurslings to escape the hustle and bustle of the event.
- The Nuna Leaf Lounge where little ones can sway in relaxation
- The 4Moms Playroom for all attendees to enjoy
- Britax Stroller Valet is a complimentary service provided to all attendees
- The Stroller Test Track for testing out the newest strollers on a variety of surfaces.
- The Baby Food Court with organic baby foods to sample and enjoy.
- World Class Shopping and More!
Babywearing World Record Registration
All babywearer’s that want to take part in setting the Babywearing World Record must register to attend. Registration is free.
Want to attend the Babywearing World Record and MommyCon Los Angeles inside the LA Convention Center? Registration is just $25 per adult through August 31st. After August 31st general admission tickets will be $35. Children 17 and under are free to attend.
General admission registration will take place on Sunday, October 6th starting at 9:00am at 1220 S. Figueroa which is directly across the street from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
VIP Ticketing Options
VIP ticket options give attendees the opportunity to attend the Babywearing World Record, MommyCon Los Angeles, and select one of the following options;
- Platinum VIP: An exclusive meet and greet with Jamie Grayson entitled Cocktails&Confessions with platinum gift bag, access to From Womb to Sloomb, the Motherlove Meet & Greet, and a Beco Baby Carrier of your choice.
- Sloomb VIP: From Womb to Sloomb is an hour long meet-up for cloth diaper enthusiasts. All Sloomb VIP’s receive an incredible gift bag stuffed with cloth diapering products and accessories in addition to a Beco Baby Carrier.
- Motherlove VIP: The Motherlove Meet and Greet is an intimate meet-up for breastfeeding mother’s to meet a very special surprise guest. Motherlove VIP’s receive a gift bag stuffed with over $150 worth of breastfeeding related products and accessories in addition to a Beco Baby Carrier.
- Beco VIP: The Beco VIP includes a hands-on baby carrier fitting and meet-up with babywearing lovers from across the land. Beco VIP’s receive a gift bag from our partners and a Beco Baby Carrier.
VIP Registration and carrier pick-up will take place on Saturday, October 5th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at the Luxe City Center Hotel.
For more information head to http://babywearingworldrecord.com/!
Let’s break the Babywearing World Record!
Will I see you in LA?