After quite a while of “forgetting” to plan my meals and post them up here I realized that doing this not only saves me money, but keeps me accountable to myself. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you probably know that 18 days into my second round of Whole30 I quit. I had SO much on my plate and felt like I was seriously drowning. I wasn’t planning my meals, just winging it and on super busy days instead of cheating and getting a quick meal into my belly, I’d skip the meal which caused my milk supply to drop. (I’m still exclusively breastfeeding my 7 month old baby.) I was stressed out and frustrated. So I made the difficult choice to quit.
While off of the Whole30 I have eaten plenty of non-paleo meals and while they were satisfying at the moment, they’d leave me sluggish and feeling generally yucky. So I have decided to follow a paleo meal plan with most of my meals being Whole30 compliant. I will not stress over it if I want something not approved on the Whole30 menu, and 1 day a week if I want to, I may allow myself to have a “cheat” day. As I follow this plan and hopefully continue to chase my fitness goals and goal weight I may eliminate cheat days or go for another round of Whole30. The whole point of this is to make sure that the least stressful part of my day is the food I eat.
Each week I will write out my menu plan, and as the weeks go on I plan on sharing pictures of what I ate last week as well. This will help me stay accountable. If I am following a recipe chances are it can either be found in Practical Paleo or Well Fed.
- Cook Ground Beef
- Boil Eggs
- Roast Veggies
- Make Spaghetti Squash
- Bake Sweet Potatoes
- Antipasto Snack Pack (Well Fed)
- Bake Bacon
- Crockpot Chicken with Peppers and Onions
- Great Green Salad with Tuna
- Ground Beef with Bok Choy and Bell Peppers with Best Ever Stir Fry Sauce (Well Fed)
- Spaghetti Squash and Ground Beef with Tomato Sauce
- Skirt Steak Tacos (Practical Paleo)
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Anitpasto Snack Pack
What is on your menu this week?
I’m linking up with Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.
Sharing these two cookbooks because they are my favorite! They not only have recipes but also tips and tricks for cooking weekly, and full menu plans!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Best in Show from ABC Kids Expo 2015! Part One - November 12, 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide 2015 Guidelines - November 5, 2015
- Pumpkin Spice Banana Breakfast - November 1, 2015
- Spray Pal Review | A Cloth Diapering Must Have Accessory - October 17, 2015