I’m often frustrated by trying to find a salad dressing that is Paleo or even harder yet, Whole 30 approved. So many salad dressings have soy, vegetable, canola, and even sugar added to them. I’ve been making my own salad dressings for years using spices from Penseys, so when I began eating Paleo making my own dressings was something I was used to.
I love a good vinegar based dressing, but every now and again I crave a creamy thicker dressing for my salads. One day after putting a particularly ripe avocado on my salad, the idea for this dressing came to me.
I love how easy this is to make! I use it to top salads, but also sometimes as a topping for a burger or chicken breast. The lemon really makes this dressing shine, and the avocado and EVOO add a lot of healthy filling fat and flavor! Plus it’s only FOUR ingredients!
I tend to like mine chunky, but if you have time you can easily blend this using an hand blender which will make it even creamier as well as nice and smooth. When my husband tried and liked this dressing I knew I had a winner!
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- ½ Juice of Lemon
- Mash ripe avocado into paste like consistency.
- Add Garlic Salt, Lemon Juice, and EVOO.
- Whisk until blended.
- Spoon over salad and enjoy!
- Adjust the quantity of ingredients based on how many people you need to serve. I always start out with the smallest amount of oil and adjust from there.
- (Add additional avocados to serve more people, and add more oil to make the dressing creamier.)
A few notes:
- The Garlic Salt I use is a grinder from Trader Joe’s. It’s so full of flavor and also has onion and parsley in it. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you this one works too!
- Adjust the quantity of ingredients based on how many people you need to serve. I always start out with the smallest amount of oil and adjust from there. (Add additional avocados to serve more people, and add more oil to make the dressing creamier.)
- The lemon helps to preserve this dressing in the refrigerator but it is best used within a few days. If the lemon is too much for you feel free to use less juice and more oil.
Don’t forget to check out my Free Printable Paleo Grocery List!
Now, what do you like on your salad?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Personalized Family Wall Calendar from Shutterfly - January 27, 2015
- 30+ Ways to Complete Home Organization - January 25, 2015
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Run The 2015 Color Run! #WeShine - January 21, 2015
- 5 Minute Strength Training For Runners - January 8, 2015