Week 1 (Round 3) of the whole 30 went pretty good. I found myself enjoying and repeating many meals. I tend to get stuck in eating the same thing over and over, so I really try to branch out and try different meals for dinner. I also learned I wasn’t taking enough time to meal prep this week. My breakfasts clearly show that. Not being able to eat eggs (due to my baby’s FPIES) is frustrating doing something like the Whole30. My first round through I ate SO MANY eggs because they are not only easy, it’s easy to do different things with them.
Any suggestions for non-egg based breakfasts?
So this week I will be doing more meal preps and hopefully not relying on larabars as a quick go to as they are technically a no-no on the whole30. As a reminder – I am also breastfeeding my baby who at 12 months old still can’t eat real food due to allergies. As a result I am not skimping on nuts, fruit, or snacks if I am hungry. I am packing my diet with healthy fats, and plenty of root veggies to make sure my supply stays good. I went into this 3rd round of whole 30 struggling with my milk supply, and I’m happy to say it is finally looking like it’s rebounding! Yay!
Don’t forget you can download my free Paleo Grocery List Printable here!
Also, since I was asked for it this week, be sure to check out my favorite Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing.
What I Ate:
- Workout: day 1 #t25
- Breakfast: Bacon, Mandarin, and Cashews.
- Lunch: Romaine Leaves with Tuna, Olives, CherryTtomatoes, topped with Balsamic Vinegar.
- Dinner: Bolognese with Zoodles! Bolognese recipe via Practical Paleo.
Going strong! I LOVED my lunch today!
- Breakfast: Mandarin Orange, Bacon, Cashews. (I rarely vary breakfast…)
- Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast, Avocado, Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Olive Oil, and Trader Joes 21 Season Salute.
- Dinner: Garlic/Herb Sausage, Red Peppers, Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, and Roasted Parsnips!
Super busy morning…
- Breakfast: Larabar and Banana on the run.
- Starving by Lunch: … Leftover Chicken Sausage with Red Peppers, Onions, and Sweet Potatoes.
- Dinner: In honor if my sink backing up (that was fun) … A Kitchen Sink Salad with homemade Avocado dressing. Tuna, Bacon, Celery, Carrots, Peppers, Black and Kalamata Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, Romaine.
Hand over the cake and no one will get hurt… Just kidding(kinda). So far so good. Except I’m hungry… I’m going to try and up my food intake a bit tomorrow.
- Breakfast: Banana, Almond Butter, Coconut Flakes!
- Lunch: Leftover salad from last night served with a Chicken Breast and Avocado dressing.
- Dinner: Italian Roast Pork (hubby raved about this one!) Green Beans with ghee and some Plantain Chips.
- Breakfast: Green Juice: Spinach, Kale, Pineapples, Lemon, Spurlina, Apple). Yes… I know juice/smoothies are frowned upon on the whole30, but I had some greens that needed to be used and I was craving this juice. I kept it light on the fruit and heavy on the veggies.
- Lunch: Leftover Italian Pork with Marinara and Roasted Broccoli.
- Dinner: Chicken with Trader Joes Dunkah (contained almonds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, anise, garlic, and other spices), Green beans, Sweet potatoes, and Mushrooms.
- Breakfast: Another one on the go… Larabar and Mandarins.
- Lunch: Grilled Chicken with Avocado, Cherry Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Olive Oil, 21 Seasoning Salute (Trader Joes)
- Dinner: Grass -Fed Beef Patty, Salad, Sweet Potato.
- Date Night at the Movies: Cashews and Raisins.
Woot one week down! I’m a creature of habit, when I find something I like, I stick to it!
- Breakfast: Bacon, Broccoli, Mandarin, Cashews.
- Lunch: Clearly I’m obsessed! Grilled chicken, Olives, Tomatoes, Avocados, Olive Oil, 21 Season Salute.
- Snack: Fruit Leather.
- Dinner: the last of the leftover pork, green beans, mushrooms, Raos tomato sauce.
Week 2 Meal Plan:
- Monday: Stuffed Peppers
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- Wednesday: Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Thursday: Garlic Shrimp and Zoodles
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Chicken Sausages, roasted veggies
- Sunday: Leftovers
Are you a person who likes to eat the same things if it works for you, or do you like to change it up?
What is your favorite Paleo/Whole30 recipe? (Feel free to leave a link if you blogged it.)
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- This House Needs A Mouse Review and #Giveaway - December 21, 2014
- 2015 Fitness Goals |TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Watch #GiveAGoal #Giveaway - December 19, 2014
- Happy 2nd Birthday Baby D! - December 17, 2014
- White Chocolate Walnut Caramels - December 15, 2014