What I Ate: Week 1 Whole 30 Food Diary + Week 2 Menu Plan

"Paleo" "whole30" "Whole30 Food" "Whole30 Menu Plan" 'Whole30 Breakfast" "Whole30 Lunch" "Whole30 Dinner" "What I ate on Whole30"

Week 1 (Round 3) of the whole 30 went pretty good.  I found myself enjoying and repeating many meals.  I tend to get stuck in eating the same thing over and over, so I really try to branch out and try different meals for dinner.  I also learned I wasn’t taking enough time to meal prep this week.  My breakfasts clearly show that.  Not being able to eat eggs (due to my baby’s FPIES) is frustrating doing something like the Whole30.  My first round through I ate SO MANY eggs because they are not only easy, it’s easy to do different things with them.

Any suggestions for non-egg based breakfasts?

So this week I will be doing more meal preps and hopefully not relying on larabars as a quick go to as they are technically a no-no on the whole30.  As a reminder – I am also breastfeeding my baby who at 12 months old still can’t eat real food due to allergies. As a result I am not skimping on nuts, fruit, or snacks if I am hungry.  I am packing my diet with healthy fats, and plenty of root veggies to make sure my supply stays good.  I went into this 3rd round of whole 30 struggling with my milk supply, and I’m happy to say it is finally looking like it’s rebounding! Yay!

Don’t forget you can download my free Paleo Grocery List Printable here!

Also, since I was asked for it this week, be sure to check out my favorite Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing.

What I Ate:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Going strong! I LOVED my lunch today!

Whole30Day2

Day 3:

Super busy morning…

Day 4:

Hand over the cake and no one will get hurt… Just kidding(kinda). So far so good. Except I’m hungry… I’m going to try and up my food intake a bit tomorrow.

Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

Woot one week down! I’m a creature of habit, when I find something I like, I stick to it!

Week 2 Meal Plan:

Are you a person who likes to eat the same things if it works for you, or do you like to change it up?

What is your favorite Paleo/Whole30 recipe? (Feel free to leave a link if you blogged it.)

GHTime Code(s):
Sharing is awesome!Share on Google+2Pin on Pinterest5,196Tweet about this on Twitter38Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Share on TumblrBuffer this pageShare on StumbleUpon0Email this to someonePrint this page

By Emily on January 12, 2014 · Posted in All, Eats & Treats, Meal Planning, Paleo, Whole30

18 Comments | Post Comment

Carla says:

I AM SO BORING in I tend to love food repetition–but the fam? not so much :-)
so I experiment.

Posted on January 13th, 2014

MJ @ The Flying Couponer says:

Your meal plan is great, lots of variation!

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Miriam T. says:

I like to think that I like to try different foods, but when you put it in front of me, sometimes I’m “eeeeh, where’s the beef?” LOL.For a non-egg based breakfast, I enjoy making fruit smoothies (strawberries, bananas, OJ, & sometimes pineapple.)

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Terri says:

Different foods are great, I love the menu planning

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Melissa says:

You’re doing awesome! I really want to try your lunch meal. How much olive oil do you usually put on?

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Tree Lindsay says:

I eat very similar to your food choices, but have not tried an actual paleo diet. I love the good fats.. especially avocado and olive oil. I use them alot! I really need to try the lettuce wraps.. I always forget about them. lol

Posted on January 13th, 2014

JulieK says:

All these meals look great – I would miss my bread through. Sadly, our breakfasts are very bread based – we need to change that!

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Kathleen Kennedy-Leon says:

wow-these look fantastic–thanks for sharing–always need new ideas—going to try to branch out from the boring routine this year

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Susan says:

The salads look delicious, and filling. You are doing great, keep up the good work,.

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Brandy says:

Wow, what a thorough menu plan. I have tried many times to do a menu plan but with a tight budget, sometimes no income coming in from me due to me only doing writing as a job – it makes it hard to plan. I hope to get back to planning again soon. I love what you have on the menu!

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Kelsey Apley says:

Looks like you had some good eating!! I need to do something like this!! I am trying to eat healthier!!

Posted on January 14th, 2014

amy says:

Looks like some good meals that you had! I’m also one that will get into a food rut – I hate experimenting with new foods at times, so i tend just to eat the same thing

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Debi says:

It all looks yummy. ANd you have given me some great ideas to add into my meal plan for the week.

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Danielle @ We Have It All says:

Wow, you did great! I tend to like getting stuck in the same food rut, I’m just like that. I love this post, I’ll have to check out your paleo food list.

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Stefani says:

Your diet plan looks great. I have been thinking of trying a paleo diet for the family and I.

Posted on January 15th, 2014

What I Ate: Week 2 Whole30 Food Diary + Week 3 Menu Plan | Our Knight Life says:

[…] got a little off our Week 2 Meal Plan, so this week I am going to really dig into some books for variety and stick to it so we […]

Posted on January 20th, 2014

Courtnie says:

Your website is great, I’m so glad I found it. I’m a crossfitter and I’m starting whole30 tomorrow. I’m nervous and excited but you have given me some great ideas.

Emily Reply:

Thank you Courtnie! You will do great!! Glad I can help! One day I really want to try crossfit. I just find it difficult with childcare.

Posted on February 2nd, 2014