I was going through my drafts on my blog and realized this super cute elephant handprint craft we made for Baby D’s birthday party never got posted! It’s been 6 months since Baby D’s elephant first birthday party! Can you say Blog Fail? LOL!
When D was born I decided on this aqua and orange elephant themed nursery. I loved it so much that I knew it would be the perfect theme for his first birthday party. If you’d like details you can check them out here:
When I was planning D’s party I wanted to make sure it wasn’t centered around cake and food since at that point in time due to his FPIES he only had one safe food and even then he wasn’t eating it. So we decided on a late morning party with just a few of his friends and a few of K’s friends. We bought a bunch of balls to put in the large baby gate area for a make-shift ball pit, and then we also decided to make elephant handprint crafts that everyone could take home with them as their party favor.
- 8×10 colored paper (I used thicker stock paper from the craft store)
- Grey paint
- Construction paper (for balloon – your choice of color.)
- Sponge applicator to paint little hands
- paper plate for paint
I love how simple these are to make. It was really easy for both the babies and kids who attended D’s party.
- Cut balloons out of paper in your choice of color. I winged it, but you can certainly find a template online.
- Coat child’s hand with paint.
- Stamp hand onto paper. Try to get the child to spread their fingers a bit.
- Remove hand and let paint dry (5-10 minutes).
- Using the sharpie have an adult or older child add the details. (Face, ear, tail, toe nails, and balloon string.)
- Glue balloon on. (If this is for a party you can add the number on the balloon.)
- Write name and date.
Frame and enjoy how tiny your cuties hand was for years to come! Even though we wrote the name on the top I’ve decided to include D’s in a multiple 4×6 picture frame with his first birthday pictures. Just a little something special that I can always look back on.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Las Vegas Veteran’s Day 5k Race Recap - November 13, 2014
- 10 Tips for Running with a Jogging Stroller #StrollerRun14 - November 8, 2014
- How To Create A Home Gym @SauderUSA - November 7, 2014
- 10 Tips to Stay Healthy During Flu Season - October 30, 2014